Nuffnang

Monday, January 27, 2014

Project Declutter: Nail Polishes

One of the things that I have decided to tackle is one of the smaller things that I have.  There was a period of time where I went crazy with nail polishes.  Trust me, it was crazy.  I went from 5 nail polishes to at least 20 of them!  For someone who can’t do her nails very well, it was crazy.  

I look through my box and managed to find 3 that should be in the bin by now.  Two of them are old and have now turned gooey.  At first, I thought of buying nail polish thinner to add on to it, but decided that I have quite a lot of other nail polishes with me and so it’ll be okay to chuck these away.  I really do like them though, for these colors are good and they are easily to apply, not leaving my nails looking streaky nor require more than 2 coats each.  All good things must come to an end, and so here, I will part with them and move on to my other nail polishes. 

Of one those that I got was a nail art  polish (the middle one).  It sucks.  I can’t seem to get it to work on my nails and since I’m not really good at art myself, I decided to give it away.

I was contemplating of adding this into the declutter but was hesitant as I quite like the colour.  Next thing I know, my colleague (male) came over to my place and asked me what was I doing with all the nail polishes.  I explained to him that I was decluttering and these are what I was throwing away/ giving away.  He grabbed the one below and the nail art polish, saying that these would be good toys for his two daughters.... hahaha... seriously, a first time that a man wants nail polish, no matter the reason :p

P/s:  as you note, I tend to give away all my stuff that can still be used rather than throwing them away.  It’s blessed to give than to receive is one of the things that I follow.  Rather than throwing things that’s completely in good condition, we might as well give it to those who are in need so that they will be blessed.

So, for those of you who kept buying nail polishes... don't hoard them.  If you find some colours are not suited for you, either give it away or do a pre-love sale.  I'm sure there are people out there who are willing to take them off your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment