Nuffnang

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Project Declutter: Your Closet... High time for those Old Clothes to be out!

The first thing that I tackled was my closet (just the clothes section).  I've not really shopped heavily since my Australia trip back in October, but I've not actually declutter my clothes for a while now.  Since CNY means giving way to new stuff (for Chinese, we are to buy at least one set of new clothes every year to usher "new" in - well, that's what my mom told me hehe)

For me, when it comes to clothes, I try to give them away to those in need instead of just throwing it into dustbin (of course, the clothes must be in good condition).   There are many places that takes up donation of old but good condition clothes and I tend to pass it on to them.  Even there are times where my church would do a collection for the missions team heading to Cambodia to distribute and give out clothes to the street kids and rural people.  I think it is a good way to bless others.

Some of my criteria when clearing old stuff:

  • clothes not worn for 2 years and above
  • clothes that no longer fit (no matter how I wish I could)
  • clothes that I know that I won't wear it ever again
With those criteria at hand, I managed to dig out 10 pieces of clothing! 


I have to say that it's a great feeling, a total satisfaction to be able to declutter my closet!  It took me around 10-15 minutes to do.  I've realised that it's better not to take too long to dwell with one piece of clothing, otherwise you'll end up reasoning yourself and sticking it back to your closet, which is a no-no.  Be good to yourself and declutter it.

Have you started your decluttering project?  Have you tackled your closet recently?  Maybe it's high time you do so =D

No comments:

Post a Comment