Nuffnang

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Decluttering: Making way for Chinese New Year

Chinese New Year is just around the corner and I am sure many of us are busy with our shopping, buying new clothes, buy CNY snacks and cookies and etc.   

On the flip side, it means loads of cleaning up to do.  I don't know about you, but at home, it means doubling up on the wiping and cleaning of the entire house, tackling all the dirt that's at the nook and corners of the house.  (Imagine loads of climbing up and down to sweep the place clean, sounds of vaccuum cleaner sucking up all the dirt and etc!)  I know, I know... it can be quite dreary and tiring.  

As for me, I'm taking the opportunity to declutter and get rid of old things that are piling up.   It's a great opportunity to throw away things that has been sitting either in the closet or holed up somewhere.  I'm doing this as a project for myself, and in hopes, it will help me in decluttering emotionally (I believe there is a connection with junks and our stress level - don't you think when there's less things in your space, you will more comfortable?)  The space I am tackling are mainly just my room in the house.  As for the rest, if it comes up, I'll tackle them here as well =D 

So, I'm going to be doing a series of what I have been tackling on to share.  I hope it will also be a reminder for you to tackle some of the things along the way :)



No comments:

Post a Comment