Nuffnang

Monday, April 14, 2014

Use of Vaseline: Oh my poor lips, let me help relieve you from your dryness

I've always have been struggling with dry lips since.... like forever, I think.   I've tried various methods, from drinking loads of water to even applying various types of lip balms to no avail.  It actually came to a point where I just accepted the fact that my lips will always be dry and peeling.  That is, until a couple of weeks ago where my friend was telling me that my lips looked dry and wrinkled!  That was a shock to me because I became so immune to how my lips look like that I didn't realised that it was getting wrinkly.

The first product that came to my mind was Vaseline, partly cause I have a huge tub sitting on my drawer which I wasn't using.  I saw this technique by Lisa Eldridge in one of her videos at her website, where she uses a cotton bud and Vaseline to get rid of the peeling skin gently from the lips without bruising it unknowingly.  I've been practicing this every night and it works.  I realised that my lips are no longer as dry and it does not peel anymore.  I love it.


Vaseline is actually petroleum jelly and it functions as a moisture barrier.  This is good for us who are always in air-conditioned rooms, because as you know, air-con makes the place cooler and drier, which in turns dries our skin as well.  My biggest symptoms is really my lips and no matter how much lip balm I put on my lips, sigh.... peel it goes.  So, with Vaseline, it kinda seal existing moisture of my lips.  I can feel it happening because when I wake up the next morning, I can still feel the remnant of Vaseline on my lips.

What I also do is, occasionally, I will rub some macadamia oil on my lips first, followed by Vaseline.  I do this with the mind that the Vaseline will seal the oil and works as a barrier to allows my lips to absorbs the macadamia oil.  I like the fact that my lips look better and plumper than usual.

One awesome thing about Vaseline is that it is cheap.  I bought this tub in Singapore for around SGD2, if I'm not mistaken and you can sometimes get it for less than RM5 in any of the pharmacies.  It's huge size makes it lasts forever, and right now, I'm working it hard so that I can finish my tub before it hits expiry date.

No comments:

Post a Comment