Nuffnang

Monday, April 21, 2014

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal Eyestudio

I've actually finished up the post and was trying to load the pictures and make minor amendments when, all of a sudden, the whole entry is gone.  (almost want to pull my hair out!) Arghhh....Anyway, I'll try to remember what I've wrote and recapture the essence of it for this post.

I saw these Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal Eyestudio Cream eyeshadows when I was at the Chemist Warehouse and I couldn't resist it.  It was truly a bargain, AUD12 for 2!  I know they are not here in Malaysia, well, not this range and they truly look lovely.

I bought 4 of them.  A google search revealed that there was one which is Golden Rush, but I didn't it at the warehouse, so I didn't get it.  Although, well, I don't think it's a color I can carry nor will I use often.  


Packaging
I don't see a difference in its packaging from the range that we have here in Malaysia.  It's the standard glass tub with a black plastic cover.  Simple and nice.  I like the fact that I can see the color when I flip them over and that is how I store them in my drawer.  This allows me to easily grab the one that I want to use (especially during the morning rush).  It comes in 4g and I have to say that this is a huge tub of eyeshadow cream.  Definitely can last me quite a while.  I've been using them regularly (especially Barely Branded) and you can only see a slight dip.

Texture
These darlings are easy to work with.  It's creamy in texture and is soft enough to allow you to work the eye shadows onto your lid without needing to rub it in.  However, just be careful not to press too hard as a clump of it can come out (as per pic below) and it may cause the application to be clumpy as well.

Being termed metal, these darlings scores high on shimmer.  Only Electric Blue is slightly less shimmery as compared to others.  I'd seriously would term them as serious shimmer!  So, if you can't take shimmer/ glitters, please, give this a pass.  As for me, it works out well to give me a bit of a depth to my eyes as I would use them with a darker colour to balance it out.

I'm not sure how long it will last before it dries out (hopefully never!) but we'll see.


Just to share, I tend to use the Electric Blue as eyeliner, given that it's kinda Cobalt Blue as isn't as shimmery as the rest.  It really does make my eyes stand out and I love it.

I really love these darlings.  I've been googling Maybelline Color Tattoo and I realised that it has such a wide range of colors.  I do hope that they will bring in more to Malaysia and not leave it as just the current range.

No comments:

Post a Comment