Nuffnang

Monday, March 10, 2014

Make Up Removal Series: Maybelline Make Up Remover Eye & Lips

I'll be starting a series on make up removals that I used or am using, and what a better to do so with my favourite product!

(image taken from Maybelline Malaysia website)

This is my staple eye and lip make up remover, or Holy Grail product, as some would term it.  It definitely has a spotlight among all the items that I use and I always make sure I have a back up in place, as well as a travel size one too (I always ended up grabbing the travel size ones in Singapore as they tend to go for SGD2 per piece!  What a bargain!)

I can't believe that I've not blogged about it.  Possibly because it's become such a staple that it just didn't occur to me to do so.

In terms of packaging, it's nothing fanciful.  Just a clear bottle which allows you to see how much you have left and anticipate the next buy ... hehe... It's fully plastic and in terms of dispensing, it is done quite well as the hole isn't too big and is just right in dispensing the small amount needed onto your cotton.

In terms of its efficacy, I'd have to say it does a very good job in removing my eye and lip make up.  It's quick too.  All you have to do is pour a few drops onto your cotton, press the cotton onto your eyes (lightly) and hold it for like 30 seconds.  After that, do a quick and light swipe downwards and viola, most of your make up is gone.  I usually need to do 2 to 3 light swipes to get rid of all the make up, especially when it comes to waterproof mascara, which can be quite a nightmare to remove when you don't have the right product to do so.  Nonetheless, it doesn't take too much effort and I don't have to worry any residues.  As for the lips, I just need to do a couple of quick wipes and it's all gone from my lips.  Do bear in mind that it does contain oil in the mix, so if you're sensitive to it... do test it out first.

I like the fact that it's quick and it doesn't sting my eyes at all.  This is something that I reach out to when I am too tired to do too many steps and just wanted to be done with it.

Plus, it's cheap too!  It's always less than RM20 per bottle and tends to go on sale often at Watsons or Guardian.

No comments:

Post a Comment