Nuffnang

Monday, March 24, 2014

Make Up Removal Series: Kose Softymo Point Make Up Remover

Initially, I asked a friend to help me get the Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil when she was in Hong Kong.  However, she couldn't seem to find it and ended up buying me this Kose Softymo Point Make Up Remover.  I have to say that I wasn't sure what this was initially .  However, there was a sticker on the bottle that was showing an eye and I assumed it's an eye make up remover.  A google search revealed that it is indeed, an eye make up remover.

Well, I have to say that it does have a lot to live up to, given that I really, really love my Maybelline Eye & Lip Make Up Remover.  Nonetheless, it's always fun to try out new things, don't you agree?

One of the things that kinda threw me off was the size of it.  It's a 230ml bottle, the same as the cleansing oil that I have from Kose Softymo.  For me, this is quite a big bottle for an eye make up remover.  Nonetheless, it does make up for it's price.  I think it costs me around RM25 for the bottle.

This is a bi-phase remover, which means it is separated into two components.  Like Maybelline, this needs to be shaken before use, and you need to make sure you shake well, given that the porportion of the oil and the remover seems to be differing greatly.  I'm kinda worried that I will end up finishing the oil portion and left the remover portion.  That would most likely reduce its efficacy in removing my eye make up, wouldn't it?  Okay, that's probably just me with my little teeny weeny paranoia.

Anyhow, in terms of efficacy, it works as a normal eye make up remover.  It does its job in removing all my eye make up.  Having said that, I realise that it doesn't work as well when it comes to waterproof mascara.  Nonetheless, as I don't use mascara everyday, I'm still okay with using this.  It doesn't really pull when I remove my eye make up.  What I do is usually to soak a cotton pad with the make up remover and place it onto my eyelid for around 10-20 seconds, pressing lightly on my eyes.  When the time is up, I slide the pad on a downwards motion to remove the make up.  I tend to go through that motion about 2-3 times to make sure that all the eye make up is removed.  No pulling was involved, so that's good (I don't have to worry about causing wrinkles! hehe).

Will I repurchase.  Honestly speaking, no.  One is because it's only available in Hong Kong and two, I still find that my sturdy Maybelline Eye and Lip Make Up Remover suits me just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment