Nuffnang

Monday, February 24, 2014

Nair Spa Clay Wax with Mineral-Rich Clay, Mango and Acai Berry

One of the things that captured my attention whilst I was walking in Watsons was the Nair Spa Clay Wax with Mineral-Rich Clay, Mango and Acai Berry.  I mean, wax is wax, but a clay wax?  Hm, I was intrigued.  Knowing myself, I couldn't resist and decided to buy it to try.



It comes with 20 Clay Wax strips and 2 aftercare wipes.  It is slightly pricier than normal, at RM23.90 for a box.  However, it is of course, much cheaper than going to a waxing bar (which ranges from RM30 to RM70 depending on location), given its use per box.
Here's the description that they included for Nair Spa Clay Wax:



I like that Nair will include a slip of information of how to use and what to look out for in their package.  Here's a view of it:





For those of you who needed to look at the ingredients and etc:
This is how each pieces look:


It comes in a set of 2.  I would suggest to use 2 at each time and not leave one behind as I find that it doesn't work that well in subsequent uses.

I like the fact that the colour looks like clay.  It does reinforce the idea that it is a clay wax.
To use this, one needs to warm up the strips before applying it onto the designated area.  For me, it's my lower legs.  What I do is I will rub both pieces with my hands until it's warm before separating the two strips.  After that, I will tend apply one piece onto the area where I want to wax, rubbing it in and making sure that it's sticking to my skin.  I like the fact that after I remove it quickly from my skin, it doesn't leave a sticky residue on my legs (some waxes are just sticky).  However, I do find that its grip on hair is not very good, and that may be caused by the fact that it isn't as sticky as other waxes.  This causes me to go back to the same area more than 2 times in order to ensure that the hairs are removed.  It's not a good thing to do because it reduces the usability of each pieces of the strips.  Usually, I can use 2 strips per leg but with this, I used up to 3 strips per leg.  After that, I still had to use my tweezer (it's much faster) to remove those hairs that weren't waxed.

Although it doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky after use, I do find it a little of a disappointment due to its lack of good function as a wax.  I don't think I'll buy it again for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment