Nuffnang

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

DIY: Balloon Bud Vase

Been cracking my head for the deco for the upcoming Logos Graduation Ceremony Luncheon.  We wanted something simple yet beautiful.  So I started googling (thank God for Google!) and found out about the Balloon Bud Vases.

Here's my attempt of them.  I used plastic cups instead of glasses as I find that the friction of the balloons and glasses made it harder and quite a number of balloons were torn due to the friction.  Plastic ones works well.


I used two methods, one as per the link above and the other from here.  Both methods works well.  However, bear in mind, if you are using the 2nd method, don't cut the bottom too wide.  Otherwise you will have problem fitting it nicely and the sides may run up.  That aside, I find that using dark colored balloons made the cups look nicer.  Unless, of course, you have thick enough balloons.  I'm sure it will work out well.

Hope you'll have fun getting your hands on it.  Enjoy this DIY.



No comments:

Post a Comment