Nuffnang

Monday, May 5, 2014

Aiken Tea Tree Oil

This is my current life saver.  My skin is prone to acne/ pimple around my lips, chin and jaw area and it tends to pop up during the time of the month.  It really does get to me, and I struggled with numerous products before I settled on this.

To be honest, I used to use the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil when I was in my uni time in an attempt to control those annoying pop ups on my skin and I found that it actually caused me to break out even more.  I wasn't sure why but I just stopped using it then.

During the period of last year, when I had a massive breakouts, I was really searching and trying to find something to overcome it and in my desperation, I decided to give tea tree oil a try again.  I settled for the Aiken Tea Tree Oil as it was cheap and it only contains one ingredient, which is the Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil at 100%.  What can go wrong if it's 100% right?



I have to say that this is a life saver product.  What I do is after I wash my face and run through my face with a toner, I then dab this onto the spots.  I leave it on for a minute or so before I put on serum or moisturiser, or both, depending on the texture and how my skin feels for that day.  What I noticed was that, for most period, if it's a pimple with a head, it will shrink after about 2 days.  If I've pressed and cleared the gunk off the pimple, it will take about 3 days to heal properly.  Although it does leave a red spot on the said area, it's cleared of anything. I tend to continue to apply the Aiken Tea Tree Oil onto my spots even after that to ensure that it doesn't recur.

Please be aware that this product does sting a little, so if a pimple is near your eye area, I'd suggest you to avoid applying this.  I realised that if a particular spot where I applied is about to have bumps or already have slight bumps, the sting is stronger.  I reckon it is "killing" all the bad bacteria... hehe...

It's been a year since I started using it and I have to say that it works every time.  It's definitely a good purchase.  I think it costs me only RM10 back then.  I'm not sure what's the price now though.

However, one thing is that it does leave the bottle sticky after a while or if you've encountered leakage (as you can see, it looks icky ;p).  I've been carrying it along with me when I travel and it does have a bit of leakage.  What I usually do is I put it into a plastic bag or ziploc before I pack it into my make up pouch, just so that it does make a mess with my other stuff.

This is definitely a good buy and I'll definitely get a new one when I'm done.  Totally cost effective.  After almost a year, I still have a quarter left in the bottle.  Am loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment